Are you thinking of writing a novella? Your questions about short fiction in general, and novellas in particular, inspired me to create the novella series of articles; the articles are free reads.
Novella series: current articles
You can read the first two articles in the novella series now.
- Write A Novella: Want To Write Short Fiction? (Novella Series 1)
- Writing Short Fiction: How To Develop Characters (Novella Series 2)
I’ll be publishing at least four more articles in the series; free to read.
In upcoming articles we’ll cover these topics:
- Plotting novellas and other short fiction;
- Story beginnings;
- KDP Select and novellas;
- From short story to novella; and more.
Black Friday sale: Write And Sell A Novella In 7 Days
I hadn’t thought of scheduling a Black Friday sale in conjunction with the series. However, after reader requests, Write And Sell A Novella In 7 Days: Your Blueprint For Success is available as an offering until December 2.
The program gives you a step by step plan for writing novellas, as well as a marketing strategy.
Vital: if you’re a self-publishing author, and you’re NOT publishing novellas, you’re leaving money on the table.
What can you do with the novellas you write in a week?
The ability to write a novella in a week gives you many opportunities.
- You can write and sell your novellas outright, if you need a quick injection of cash. This is a form of fiction ghostwriting;
- Of course you can publish novellas just as you would any other book. A novella’s very useful to revive a series which has gone stale, or to kick off a new series;
- Why not compile a couple of your novellas into a book, so you have another book to sell?
By the way… I don’t recommend giving away your novellas as freebies. Price them as you would any other book. The days when freebies ruled are gone.
More articles in our novella series coming soon
I love writing novellas. They’re a fun and profitable addition to your writing toolbox.
Check out Write And Sell A Novella In 7 Days: Your Blueprint For Success; the offering ends on December 2.
Publicity And Marketing Magic For Writers: How To Build Your Writing Platform And Sell More Every Day
Write, and publish, and promote your writing... You can change your life as a writer in an hour, when you discover the art of publicity and platform.More info →